Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Go the F**K to Sleep: A Parent's Bedtime Story

It's a known fact that part of being a parent involves helping your child go to sleep.  This can be a tedious and painful experience at times, sometimes leaving parents wishing they could spout expletives at their young children.  Well, now you can listen to all those words that you have been thinking as you put your sweet, sweet children to bed.

Looking at the cover art you might be fooled into thinking this is a sweet and innocent children's story.  Do not be fooled.  Inside is a humorous “children's book for adults” based on Adam Mansbach's own frustration of putting his 2-year-old daughter to bed.

The concept began as a joke on Facebook when he posted one evening, “Look out for my forthcoming children's book, ‘Go the F--- to sleep.” The response he got from friends was so strong that he wrote it and now a big Hollywood name has chosen to narrate it.  You can watch and listen to Samuel L. Jackson narrate this tale dedicated to childhood insomnia and the parental frustration involved on You Tube and Audible.com.
.

Samuel L. Jackson states in his introduction:   "I was anxious to do the audio read of this book because my agent has twins and he gave me the book and I read it and I fell out laughing. I remember all those times when I did read to my daughter when she was that age. Everybody tells you reading stories will put kids to sleep, but it never works. It didn’t in my house."

So, if you have little ones like me, download this amusing tale and save it for those nights when your child just won't go the F--K to sleep! 


No comments:

Post a Comment