Tuesday, June 28, 2011

American Geek Mom's Recipe Box #1

As a fan of all things culinary, I have been collecting and creating recipes for as long as I can remember.  My love for food began with my mother and grandmother.  I can recall many occasions in the kitchen, cracking eggs, mixing batter, and of course licking the bowl! Yes, I am a Food Geek!

We all need to eat.  So in an attempt to make meal times a little more tasty and fun, I present you with American Geek Mom's Recipes .  Every now and then I will share a new recipe; everything from quick and easy family dinners to geeky themed comestibles. These are my personal recipes, all tested by me, my family and my friends.  I invite you to try them, and if you feel so inclined, leave your constructive feedback in the comments.  Think of this as my family sharing the recipes in our recipe box with you.  Thanks for tasting and I hope you enjoy!

It's camping season.  So my first recipe is perfect for the great outdoors.  

Campfire Potatoes:

You will need:
  • 2 strips thick cut bacon (chopped)
  • 1 medium vidalia onion (chopped)
  • 3 large potatoes (thinly sliced into rounds)
  • 2 garlic cloves (minced)
  • Salt + Pepper to taste

Brown bacon in a large non-stick or cast iron skillet over medium heat.  Add onions and garlic.  Cook until onions begin to caramelize.  Add potatoes and reduce heat (You can add a little olive oil if needed).  Continue cooking until potatoes are crisp and brown.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.  This is a fabulous breakfast for a cool morning in the woods. Simple and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment