Sunday, May 22, 2011

My Rapture came in the form of a Board Game

So I'm still here.
Are you?

For the past few days I have been bombarded by theory after theory of what's to come on May 21st.  Well, nothing came.  And I'm quite all right with that.  On the other hand, I did get some very helpful info from the CDC on how to prepare for the Zombie Apocalypse! 

Speaking of zombies,  I am a huge fan of The Walking Dead, and was thrilled to learn that Z-Man Games will be publishing a board game about it!  The Walking Dead Board Game will be arriving this summer and will be filled with all kinds of post-apocalyptic goodness.  You will get to play as Rick, Shane, Andrea, and other favorite characters as you dismember zombies, gather supplies and simply try to stay alive.  The game will be for 1-6 players for ages 13+.   So even though there is still no official premier date for Season 2 of The Walking Dead, I guess I won't have to wait as long to get my Walking Dead fix.   

Robert Kirkman, creator of The Walking Dead, had this to say about the board game: “I've always loved board games, but never knew they could be this cool! We've done test plays of The Walking Dead board game at the office, and the game play scenarios ring true to what Rick and the other survivors face in the comic book. I couldn't be more impressed with Z-Man Games.”

This could be the perfect game to add to your collection of zombie killing supplies.   Buy it and practice up!  You never know when it might come in handy.

Learn More
***This Just In***(May 23, 2011) - Cryptozoic has announced a second Walking Dead board game based on the TV Series!  Cryptozoic’s game has an interesting mechanic built in.  The players begin as humans fending off the zombies, but they may become zombies too.  If they do succumb to infection, they can cooperate with others who have been infected and team up against the remaining “human” characters in the game.  Cryptozoic's version should be arriving in stores in September.  So Much Zombie Goodness...I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment